There are three archives dedicated to Alexander Technique material.
STAT maintains an archive of material on the Alexander Technique and related subjects.
Frank Pierce Jones Archives
the Dimon Institute houses the Frank Pierce Jones Archives, which contains the complete archive of Jones’ collection on the Alexander Technique.
The Walter Carrington Educational Trust
Walter Carrington’s large collection of papers and books, with additional material, is now housed...
16, Ashley Place, London SW1, was F. M. Alexander’s home and teaching practice from 1911 until his death in 1955.
F. M. Alexander first lived in 1, Army and Navy Mansions, 109 Victoria Street, between his arrival in London in 1904 and 1911. He would have moved to Ashley Place in 1911. After he purchased the country house Penhill in 1924, he would generally stay at Penhill at weekends and holidays. Some time in the 1940s, possibly after his stroke in December 1947, he would stay at Evelyn Mansions, where Margaret Goldie had a flat and provided him with a bedroom.
Penhill House was F. M. Alexander’s second home 1925–55 and also housed the Little School 1934–40.
Penhill House was located near Sidcup, Bexley, Bexleyheath, Kent. It was originally part of the Lamorbey Estate (Lamorbey House still exists and now houses Rose Bruford college). The Estate had been divided up in 1761, and one part comprised Penhill House, a cottage, stables with adjacent gardens and outbuildings. By the time Alexander bought it in 1925 it consisted of 19 acres of farm land. The house had two drawing rooms, a smoking room, a lobby hall and a...
The Whitney Homestead, Massachusetts, USA, was home to Alexander and the Little School 1941-1942.
The Whitney Homestead is situated at 485 Great Road, in Stow, Massachusetts. It was built 1843–44 by the Whitney family. The last Whitney died in 1928, and the building, 129 acres of farmland, and $125,000 were bequeathed to the American Unitarian Association for the creation of a rest home for ministers and laymen. The rest home was not proﬁtable and had closed before Alexander’s arrival.
With the assistance of D. Robert Dexter the building was let, rent-free, to Alexander and...